1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts concluded via www.farmservice-suedtirol.it. Unless otherwise agreed, the conditions specifically used by you are contradicted.
2) For the purposes of this regulation, a consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction with private concerns. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person who, when concluding the legal transaction, acts in the interests of their professional or commercial interests.
1) The subject of the contract is the sale of goods.
2) By making a product available in our shop, we make our customers a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract.
3) All products intended for purchase are placed in the shopping cart by the customer. After entering the personal data and payment information, the customer has the opportunity to check all the information entered. By submitting the order by clicking on the button provided, the customer declares their legally binding acceptance of the offer. This means that the purchase contract is concluded.
4) All information in connection with the conclusion of the contract is transmitted automatically via email. The customer must therefore ensure that the email address stored with us can be reached.
1) A right of retention can only be exercised by the customer if there are no claims from the same contractual relationship.
2) The goods remain the property of the shop operator until the purchase price has been paid in full.
1) We are fully liable for damage to body or health, as well as in cases of intent and gross negligence. Furthermore, in the case of fraudulent concealment of a defect and in all other legally regulated cases. Liability for defects within the scope of the statutory warranty can be found in the relevant regulation in our customer information.
2) If essential contractual obligations are not fulfilled, the liability of the online shop in the event of slight negligence is limited to foreseeable, contract-typical damage.
3) If insignificant obligations arising from the contract are breached, liability for slightly negligent breaches of duty is excluded.
4) There is no liability for the constant availability of this website and the goods offered on it.
1) Italian law applies. The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods expressly do not apply. The legal headquarters of Farmservice Südtirol is Schlanders, province of Bolzano.
1) The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (OS platform), which is available at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
1) The contract language is German and possibly Italian.
2) We do not save the complete contract text. Customers can save this electronically using the browser's print function before submitting the order.
1) The prices shown and the shipping costs represent net and gross prices.
2) Shipping costs are not included in the purchase price. They are explicitly marked or are shown separately during the ordering process and must be borne additionally by the customer unless free delivery is promised.
3) The payment methods available are shown on our website or in the respective item description, but at the latest in the final ordering process at the “checkout”. Unless otherwise stated, the payment claims arising from the contract are due for payment immediately.
4) The essential characteristics of the goods and/or services can be found in the item description and the additional information on our website.
1) Delivery conditions, delivery times and any existing delivery restrictions can be found under the corresponding link in our online shop or in the respective item description.
2) For consumers, the risk of accidental loss or deterioration of the goods sold during shipping only passes to the customer when the goods are handed over. The regulation applies regardless of whether the shipment is insured or uninsured.
1) The statutory liability rights for defects apply.
2) Consumers are asked to check the goods upon delivery for completeness, obvious defects and transport damage and to inform the shop operator as quickly as possible. If the customer does not comply with this, this will have no effect on his statutory warranty claims